Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Camping

Because I'm a nut we spent one day at home after San Diego, did loads of laundry and then packed up and headed to Utah.  We left Mike home to bring home the bacon and we just went and had fun.

My parents were camping at East Canyon.  It was a fun trip.  We did manage to squeeze in a late night trip to the pharmacy and then a trip to the doctor the next day- all over a bug bite on Mark that swelled to the size of Rhode Island.  The next day Megan and I got to go shopping with Randi and help her register for baby stuff.

We also got to say goodbye to my childhood home.  My parents found this awesome new place that will fit their "aging" years better.  The kids played around in the backyard for the last time.

I honestly thought I would be pretty sad but it wasn't really that hard.  I will really miss the backyard.  I'd always imagined my kids making memories here and this is where Mike and I had our wedding reception.

I think it wasn't that sad because the family that is moving in is awesome.  I am really excited for a whole new generation to build forts and play soccer and grow up here.  Plus my parents new place is exactly what they need and it will feel like home soon.
It was a fast and fun trip- we were everywhere and I'm not sure it was exactly relaxing for my parents.  We really enjoyed seeing the family though and nothing beats camping.

1 comment:

Andrea McEntire said...

That is a little crazy, but you did it! Glad you had a fun trip. I also said goodbye to my parent's house. :( It's hard! Sooo many good memories. Especially of going through the gate to your house. :) I hope my kids will have a loyal friend like you.