So we just spent eight days on the road with our two kids. It was an adventure. Here is how it went down:
Day One: Wednesday. We left at 5:00 to go to the airport. It was a close call, but we all made it on the plane. Five and a half hours later we were at JFK. We took a little plane from there to Burlington arriving at 6:00-ish. Following a fabulous steak dinner at 99 we went and crashed at Papa and Mimi's house (that is great grandma and grandpa Parrish).
Day Two: The boys golfed, of course, family visited and Mimi made chicken pie for dinner. How many Parrish boys does it take to pick a bucket of corn?
This is Papa and Mimi's house (from the side). All that grass and trees and no sprinklers!
Grandpa picked some flowers for Mark to charm Grandma with. Who can resist such a cutie?
Day Three: We headed off the Maine around 1:00. We probably saw more rain during that drive than we get all year. We made it just in time for dinner. Mike got to have his favorite- lobster. Mark couldn't eat something that looked so much like a bug. Here is Megan so glad to finally be out of her car seat and just chilling on the bed.
Day Four: The boys golfed and the girls and kids went to breakfast. The big wedding celebration for Randi (Mike's sister) and her husband, Mike, was that afternoon. We had so much fun playing baseball and eating and visiting. That evening we hung out at Mike and Randi's apartment and played some Wii. Mark was a little confused with his first gaming experience, but I am sure he will pick it up soon.
Day Five: We headed back to Vermont with Papa and Mimi. Mike got to have lobster for a second time.
Day Six: We took it easy Monday morning. The boys put together Papa's new TV. They now enjoy their entertainment in 42" HD. I got to go out to lunch with Carol Lee and one of her friends- Lucia. We had a great time. That afternoon we all went with Mark for his first fishing expedition. He loved playing with the pole, but the second he snagged a fished he ran to Mom and Dad had to reel it in. Mark was not about to touch the thing or even get near it for a picture. A lot of the family came over for dinner that night. We got to cook s'mores and catch up with a few people.
Day Seven: The boys golfed- again. Are you sensing a trend? We had more R and R time, which was great. Mark got to pick apples that afternoon.
Day Eight: We headed to the airport around 10:30 after stopping to see Mike's uncle and aunt. We rode a prop plane- which was kind of loud and bumpy- to Philadelphia. We had a three hour layover there and finally left there at 6:00p.m. Of all the flights and driving I think the kids were actually the best behaved on the last flight. Mark loved watching his little DVD player and Megan slept for most of the time. We got home and crawled straight into bed. I am sure that we left Papa and Mimi in a coma too.
I am so glad we got to go and show Mark around Vermont. I knew that he would love Papa and Mimi's house. He had a ton of fun playing baseball, tooling around in the playhouse and just roaming around their yard. It was great to see family and have such a fun visit.

4 comments:
I'm so jealous you guys got to go visit Vermont. I'm still waiting to even be able to take Dale out there. Sometimes I miss it (although, I really do love living in UT, it'd be nice to see all the green again). I'm so glad you had such a good time. Hey, did Mike find a job?? I've been wondering about that. Glad you're all doing well.
That looks like fun. Jeremy has always wanted to take me back to his mission (New England). It is not fun keeping your kids in the car for so long! We drove to Montana over Labor day!!
What a fabulous trip...I love how beautiful it is back east. The picture of Mark holding the flowers is so cute, how old is he now? Glad you guys had a good time!
-Claudia
I'm glad you guys had such a nice trip! Wouldn't it be nice to GROW things in your yard, and to have so much space? And I love the pictures of little Megan. What a sweetheart.
Post a Comment