Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Water Woe

So the main water line from the street to our home decided to break a little while ago. Thankfully it was just a small leak, so we had time to figure out what to do. Last Friday Grandpa Parrish and Dennis came out to save the day. They brought a back hoe with them- much to Mark's great enjoyment, and they began to replace the pipe. The whole project took until Sunday to finish- major kudos to Grandpa Parrish for totally saving the day and fixing the whole thing while we were away visiting in Utah- there are not enough thank yous in the world that would do it justice.
On Saturday we re-poured the bit of sidewalk that had to be taken out. Again, Mark was not about to miss a minute of the action.


Mike got into it too. Dirty is not his favorite state of being, but I think he pulls it off quite well. I think he took about four showers that day.


Not to be left out- Megan supervised and was actually quite content the whole time. I love her pretty blue eyes and pink cheeks.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kristen said...

Glad you were able to get it all fixed! Mark will know all about how to take care of his own house some day. Owning a home can be stressful! We have a pipe that David has fixed 3 times now and it STILL leaks. It's all been above ground work, but who knows what he'll have to do eventually. Luckily, it's small enough that we ignore it for months at a time.

The Child's said...

Emily,
I can't believe you are now a mother of two...how wonderful! Megan is so adorable and Mark is quite the little stud. I went out to eat with Ashley the other day and she mentioned you had a blog, so I got the address from her. I'm so excited that you have a blog and we can keep in touch this way! My blog address is jcchild.blogspot.com.