We have just completed our April marathon (which actually crept into May). We have been out of town almost every weekend since the middle of April and we have had so much fun that it wont begin to even fit on a blog- you just had to be there. However I will try to sum up (shout out to Princess Bride!).
Right after conference (which I already covered) Papa and Mimi arrived from Vermont. I was able to take the kids up to Mesquite to visit them both weekends they were here. We got to go to the County Fair on the 10th. Mark rode a pony, we watched the little pigs race, got ice cream cones, Mark "won" a bat at the pitching game, lost a cell phone, thanked the heavens for a very honest person who turned my cell phone into Lost and Found, rode a train, saw all sorts of animals, Mark got to pet a pig, returned home with two very tired (but inside they were happy I am sure) kids. The following day we had our Easter dinner a day early and colored eggs and hunted for them. We all got really spoiled by the Easter bunny.
The following weekend was just as fun. On Thursday I swapped the kids with grandma and Mimi and went to surprise Mike at work. Boy did I get him! I took him to dinner for his birthday and then we went and got him a new suit- he looks awesome in it. Then it was back to Mesquite for me while Mike stayed to work. We celebrated his birthday with the family that weekend and had some more fun with Papa and Mimi- we hate it when they have to go back home. Mark still asks for them when we arrive in Mesquite and then he remembers that they flew on a plane back to Vermont. According to him that is the only place that planes fly.
The following week was a quick catch-up-and-prepare-for-the-next-trip week. It looked like this:
laundry, laundry and more laundry.
The next week we headed up the Utah. Mike's Christmas present to me were tickets to Women's Conference at BYU. Its about 20,000 women getting together to learn, serve and eat. It was so much fun. I went with Carol Lee and we happened to run into my Aunt Becky and three of her daughters. It was great to catch up with them. It made me realize how cool sisters can be (maybe we should get one for Megan some day- that is not in any way an announcement).
Speaking of Megan it was her big day next. My little girl turned One on May 8th. We celebrated it with both families in St. George. She did a good job with her cake (above thats her eating Mike's Bday cake) and totally scored in the toy and clothes department. I'll post pictures of that later- what a dumb time to loose your camera is all I have to say. We were in St. George for the first annual Brey Family Reunion. We had a blast swimming and eating and playing. Mark is still going trough Grandpa and Uncle withdrawal. Nobody plays like they do.
We finally returned home and entered our coma on Monday. We came out of it just in time to pack up for Fathers and Sons on Friday. Mark and Mike had a great time and came home tired and dirty- just as it should be. I am feeling bored looking at the next three weekends with nowhere to go. What am I going to do? I should probably do the laundry.

4 comments:
i'm glad you got to do so many fun things! I know, why does it always seem that vacations/ outings/ celebrations come right on top of each other, followed by NOTHING. But have fun relaxing and getting your life back to normal.
And I can't wait to see Megan's birthday pictures!
My goodness, I knew you had been busy, but reading it makes it seem so much more. We are glad to have you back for a while.
That sounds like my month of May! Maybe we can relax a little more through the summer. We need to have you guys come over to swim. Carter asks about Mark a lot.
Post a Comment