Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Green Thumb?

So this is the second attempt at a Vegas garden. The first one literally went the way of the Do Do -or pigeon in our case- when I was huge pregnant with Megan last year. This year it has done a little better. Our peach tree gave us about 30 peaches. We have gotten about five strawberries, but the bottoms are always eaten off by the time we get to them. Two tomatoes are waiting to be picked and our Basil is doing quite well. We also have beautiful bean plants, but absolutely no beans and I am beginning to wonder if whatever eats the strawberries is getting to the beans as well. Our corn is cute at three feet, but I don't think we will get any produce from it. We are giving away lettuce to anyone who wants it. Its been pretty fun to see it grow. Mark loves watering it and "making rivers".
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Oh I'm am jealous! I may have to interrogate you on how that all worked...I've been dying to test the color of my thumb! I have basil in a pot that has been a success and I gotta say, I'm pretty proud of myself! I'll take some lettuce if you're really giving it away.. you can always use lettuce :)