Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oregon Vacation

Mike had to go to Oregon for work training at the beginning of March. I was pretty bummed because he was going to be gone for my birthday. It turned out that I could go with him- my parents were awesome and watched the kids. It was the best birthday present ever. We were staying in Eugene and I got to explore a lot of the city. It is really a cool place. They had miles of walking trails along their river and a nice downtown area. The first night there we headed out to the beach. It had been raining all day, but let up just as we got there.
I convinced Mike that we had to at least get our feet wet even though it was cold. He had never been in the Pacific Ocean.

It was freezing and as you can see we weren't very good at watching the waves- our pants were soaked too. We saw some seals playing in the water and got to watch the sun set.
The other nights we were there we saw a movie, explored the town and had some really great dinners at the local restaurants. On our way back to the airport we stopped by the Portland Temple- I didn't get a picture, but it is one of the prettiest in my opinion. The whole trip was so much fun, we had a great time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: