Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Update

So here are some random things in random order about our life lately.
Megan is getting quite a bit more girly. She has what we call her Barbie voice- it expresses great excitement at everything. She has begun the long journey of potty training. The end is not in sight yet, but we'll get there. She has started assigning emotion to her toys. She woke up the other day and informed me that her baby was mad at her- go figure.
Mark has figured out his whole life. He is going to be a train engineer when he grows up. He is going to marry Lydia because she is so beautiful. They are going to have "two kids that they are going to teach." He told me, "When I grow up I'll go on an adventure with my wife. We'll get a babysitter for our kids and go on an adventure."

Spaghetti-o's are a new favorite in our house. Megan is a fan of any food lately. She discovered yesterday that she likes sweet pickles- really likes them. She is the only two year old I know that asks for more salad.
Mark told me the other day -and this will only make sense if you know Disney- "Mom Flo is a fish and a car!"

Megan's hair is getting long enough to do some fun things. Its always in her way. The minute she wakes up she is asking for a bow so she can get it out of her face.
Mark took swim lessons this summer. He did great and is a lot more confident in the water. His teacher was awesome.

The really big news I saved for last. Mike got his engineering license!!! It doesn't sound that great in print but it is a huge accomplishment. We are really proud of all his hard work to get it- the tests, work hours and all the time assembling the application. This will hopefully open up a lot of opportunities to him.

2 comments:

Margie and Barry's Blog said...

What a darling family you have. Your little boy looks so much like I remember you dad looking. I forgot to say on my last comment that I'm glad your home was safe with the fire so close.
Take care,
Aunt Margie

Margie and Barry's Blog said...

As you can see, I didn't preview my comment. Dah!
Margie