Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Big (but not so great) News

So the big news today is that Mike got laid off. That's right we are without a job. Surprisingly we are doing okay with the whole situation. Mike is almost finished updating his resume and we have heard of multiple opportunities around the Las Vegas area. I never thought I would be rooting for us to stay in this area, but we have really come to like our little corner of Vegas. We have made some really good friends and have put a lot of love into our home. Not to mention the fact that selling the house would be a major uphill battle. However, we are open to any possibilities- a job is a job when you have two kids in diapers. If anyone hears of anything good let us know, We'll keep this updated with how things are going. One good thing about this whole situation is that it helps remind you of what is really important in your life and we still have the cutest kids- EVER.

4 comments:

Katie Mills said...

I am so sorry to hear about Mike's job. Welcome to the club!!! I wanted to let you know that the church has a website... www.ldsjobs.org and I believe that there were a ton of engineer jobs on there when I was looking for Nate. Let me know how the search goes, and if I can do anything for you, let me know.

MARCHANT FAMILY said...

Mike,

This is Brandon Marchant. I am currently looking for an estimator for Masonry if you are interested let me know I am needing to fill this position asap and i am looking for some one with some construction background. Give me a call. Brandon

kristen said...

I'm sad that Mike won't be at Wright engineers anymore. It's pretty scary there with all the lay offs. We hope he finds a job soon and you guys stay put in the ward!

Unknown said...

Oh man! I'm so sorry!! Hopefully something comes up quick for you guys. Oh the upside, your boys sure are cute!