
Mark has never been really keen of the word knife. At first it was the f and n sounds that he just couldn't get so he would call it a light (substituing l for n and t for f). He has since mastered both sounds, but with this particular word he still refuses to say the n sound. So a knife in our house is actually a "life". This creates many funny conversations at the dinner table. "Mom, I need a life", "Dad can I have your life?" and "Uh-oh I dropped my life" are just a small sampling of the fun this little word mix up has created it.
2 comments:
lol! That is too funny! And the best part is probably how serious he is when he tells you he needs a life!
That is so cute. It's good that you write these things down to remember in the future. I love that - "Mom, I need a life." Very funny. It reminds me of the summer that I stayed with your family . . . Aunt Megan said that she couldn't put any trucks in the church bag. I asked why, and she said that one of your brothers had a problem saying his "tr's." She told me that once in the middle of sacrament meeting he wanted his truck. He stood on the bench and yelled out for it . . . however, his "tr's" sounded like "f's." I'll leave it at that. We had a really good laugh about it. :-)
Post a Comment